Monday 1 October 2012

Just Being

A short, in the moment post today.

It's my day off, kids are at school, husband is gone to work until Friday. I'm alone.

I did laundry, cleaned the fridge, paid some bills, had a nap, watched some TV and walked out to get the mail.

Such a beautiful autumn day that I couldn't convince myself to go back to the couch. I decided to take a walk out to my garden and survey the work to be done before winter.

 As I walked out the back door I raised my arms high and took a deep breath, astonished by the beauty of mother nature in the Fall. I continued on my walk to the garden and had a little chat with God. I thanked Him for my life, my current being. I thanked Him for standing by me and guiding me in getting to where I am today. There was an overwhelming feeling of peace, satisfaction and joy that overcame me and tears came to my eyes in pure joy....no sadness....what an amazing feeling that I have only become familiar with in the last couple of years but seems to be happening more and more. I was once again reminded that our lives are within our own control. We get to choose what we do and how we react to what is happening around us. I choose my life and I have chosen well.


 
Despite rough patches and uncontrollable situations that arise in life I am living a life of complete satisfaction and I know that if that changes I have the power to make the necessary changes to get it back. Yes, there are things that I aspire to do and dreams for my future and I am content in knowing that I can be patient and slowly take steps to get where I want to be all in due time. I couldn't get there if I hadn't found this place in life, this place where I am content being me and living this life in this moment. I am going to continue choosing experiences and chances to grow both personally and professionally because they are opportunities that will add to my life, not things I must achieve to find happiness......and money has bearing on any of it. I guess the point is I need for nothing, I am fulfilled and I look forward to the next opportunties and experiences in my path.

Ok, a not so short post but it is in the moment, a moment where I can say.....Today, everyday I am just being.

No comments:

Post a Comment