Tuesday 23 December 2014

My cup overfloweth!

There are 3 days a year that all of my Christmas lights are on 24/7 and that starts today!

As I am puttering around my house today making final preparations I feel such spirit and joy. It makes me wonder where does that come from and why is it so powerful at Christmas. Then I realized it really is simply the human spirit. We have it all year, every day, we can't avoid it, it's within us all the time. Really it's how we choose to use it that makes Christmas more special.

The Christmas season does not have the power in itself to eliminate, anger, hatred, crime, sadness and struggle. We have to choose to eliminate those things from our days. If we did that all year would we feel this joyous every day? I think its possible.

I will encounter people and situations that would normally have the potential to anger me this Christmas but I choose not to feel it. I choose to kill them with kindness and not in a spiteful way but in the true sense that I just choose not to feel those negative emotions and treat everyone with love, respect, acceptance and joy as each and every individual deserves.

I know that Christmas spirit comes from the blessing of having Jesus born to us on that day. It comes from the feeling of being so blessed to have freedom and spirit abounding. I know that Jesus and Our Father exist because I feel the inexplicable joy that fills me. Its spiritual. Its strength can bring you to tears in joy. It strength also offers you the opportunity to feel compassion for others and maybe allow yourself that moment of sadness knowing that some are struggling this year and someday it may be you. How blessed are we to be enjoying this season? Some year we will each have a struggle or we may have had those in past years and others were there for us in mind, body and/or spirit.

This year I have been very blessed to have the resources, energy and health to help others. I need for nothing under the tree. I asked for a new robe, thats all I could think of that I needed. My Christmas wish is that everyone take the opportunity to be still and feel the spirit that fills us, use it well, spend your days blessing others, sharing joy, smiling and being friendly to everyone, even people you would not include in your life the rest of the year.

I know its not going to happen internationally but maybe a few people reading this will be inspired to choose only joy, compassion and love this year. To each of you that do I say thank you. I hope you also feel the contagiousness of it like I have been blessed to feel and make every effort possible to feel that spirit all year long. Thats my goal for 2015. To make more effort to use my human spirit wisely, not just at Christmas. Its in us all year long.

Merry Christmas everyone. Lots of love from the Swartz-Biscaro-Harry family!


No comments:

Post a Comment