Friday 14 December 2012

Speaking of practice what I preach- PERSON CENTEREDNESS

I am puttering around cleaning my house. It's my day off. Getting things done before I meet my girlfriend for lunch. Taking the garbage out.....it hit me! (hence the double post today!)

I need to write this down in a different format! I am a person centered planning facilitator. I expect people to use person centered thinking tools every day. I use them alot when I am well for myself. It's much harder to use them for yourself when you are not well. It's really scary!

Here's what I thought:

I need to do a steps to success poster - it will help me outline what will work to get me to where I want to be. My definition of success looks very different today than it did last time I did one. Today success is keeping up with life and not giving up. I can break it down into very specific goals to get through each day and the situations that are tough for me.

I could use hopes and fears to write down my thoughts around medication and fires.

I could do a mental health one page profile for my family to support me.

I need to do a decision making chart, this way I can let people know what decisions I am capable of making right now and which ones I prefer to leave to them.

I could use a communication chart to let my family know what my body language means right now.

4+1 would help me to action plan

Working/not working would help me action plan

What is important to me right is different from what it is when I am healthy....so is what is important for me! I must right it down.

My family could also use these tools to help me understand how this is affecting them.

HMMMMM......practice what I preach. I think I will!

Any other tool suggestions for me to deal with anxiety? I would LOVE to hear them.




No comments:

Post a Comment