Wednesday 19 December 2012

Found my way!

I am on the mend.

My family doctor called in my prescription for Lyrica last week, I did start taking it and I am sleeping well, anxiety is feeling much better, physical pain may take up to a month to see a difference. The back pain has just gotten worse and worse so I demanded to see someone...low and behold my family doctor is away this week so I got the Nurse Practitioner which I actually prefer anyway. She tells me that my back pain is related to my ovarian cysts so I have to go and have an ultrasound etc. to check on them.

I have had serious pelvic issues for years and chronic cysts. They have done everything but remove the organs and now the pain is back 10 fold. Maybe the organs will need to go and at this point I would be more than happy to bid farewell. It is really disrupting my life....time off work and painful intimacy tends to put a damper on things.

She prescribed me an anti-inflammatory that zones in on the pelvic region. I am to take them for 10 days and then PRN after that. Took two lastnight and one this morning as prescribed and today I have much less pain. Things are looking up.

As for my mental state....I drove by Lake Manitouwabing this morning and it was BEAUTIFUL again. The sun was shining off the thin ice and I felt a warm smile come over me. Every time I see the sun shine there I say good morning to my brother and grandparents in heaven because I feel the warmth and think it is their way of bidding me a good day.

Things are looking up!

Issues that arise are no so hard to tackle. I remembered to ask my kids for school notes and agendas to sign today. I have almost all my shopping done and I didn't even feel like sitting down in the middle of the store and crying because I couldn't figure out which section to start in.. Mind you there is an hour or so every morning that I feel completely stoned but that will pass as the meds get into my system.

Lastnight I woke up in the middle of the night to the phone ringing and realized that I am sleeping soundly but I still hear things so I will certainly wake to a smoke alarm if it ever goes off. I don't even think WHEN it goes off today, I think IF. I still don't want to let my guard down completely but I am getting there.

Things are looking up!

I have let go of control of my Christmas dinner this year and have accepted the help that family and friends have offered to give me. I will be doing part of the dinner and enjoy everything they contribute. I even let go of some of the baking...not all but some.

Things are looking up!

The nurse practitioner told me that this is probably a Lupus flare and not to focus too much on the mental effects, they will get better faster than if it were a major depressive episode and she was right. Getting the treatment that I was afraid to get it exactly what I needed.

There is always a way to get better, you just have to find what works for you. It may change many times but go with whatever works. It may take a long time to find it but it is out there. Where there's a will there's a way. I found my way and you can too!

No comments:

Post a Comment